Internal Audit Report
The purpose of an internal audit is to assure that the organization is complying with its processes, procedures and any governmental / industry regulations. The internal audit report aids the organization in improving its effectiveness in the control and governance areas, while providing an objective source of independent review. Internal Audit Report Template includes advice and proposed solutions to any problems or issues which comes during the course of the audit.
Since everyone wants to do well in any form of test, there is considerable pressure on the auditor to provide a positive feedback regarding the tested subject. This requires integrity and accountability from the auditor, as well as a strong moral compass.
The audit report includes advice and proposed solutions to any problems or issues which may have risen during the course of the audit.
Internal Audit Report Template
The template includes the following sections –
The audit report basic details
- Timeframe of the audit: this is usually over a period of time, between a few days and a few weeks (depending on the scope of the inspected team)
- When the report was issued
- Who conducted the audit and issued the report. This can be a team of auditors, depending on the scope of the audit
- The scope of the audit: What the auditors reviewed, and in which team / division of the organization
The Audit Trail
This is the heart of the report, and includes three main sections
- Documentation: this section details which documents were reviewed over the course of the audit. Each document must be identified according to its specific sequence number, and contain a short summary of what the document contains
- Interviews: this section shows which employees of the audited team were interviewed, what their role is and how they relate to the scope of the audit
- Nonconformities: If any instances where the actual actions taken aren’t in line with the official process of the organization, this section will highlight them. The usual structure of these bullets is: the problem, the proposed solution, and who will implement the solution (the owner of the solution, if it is approved).
Internal Audit Report – Review and Authorization
This is the last section of the report, which details when the initial and final drafts were reviewed and by whom (Name & Role). The section also lists who approved the proposed solutions, and when this was done. This is usually done by one of the top management officers of the organization. The last row presents the name and signature of the auditor.
How It Fits Into the ITIL Methodology
An ITIL audit focuses on making sure that the IT services are aligned with the business requirements of the organization, and that the processes and methodology of the service desk come as close as possible to providing seamless continues IT services.
The auditor examines processes and past occurrences which may have not been in-line with the methodology of the ITIL and the organizations goal, and suggests ways of fixing these nonconformities.
The auditor may an employee of an organization, or an employee of a reputable company which specializes in auditing.
Download Internal Audit Report Template