Service Asset and Configuration Management plan is a high-level document which provides guidance on the SACM activities that should be followed by the SACM team.
SACM plan is necessary for any IT organization as it prompts information to the operational managers about the operational activities in the five phases:
- Management and planning
- Configuration identification
- Configuration control
- Status accounting and reporting
- Verification and audit
Purpose of SACM plan
- defines the streamlined procedures for managing the lifecycle of CIs.
- defines procedures for managing the CDMBs
- defines control procedures for CI identification, tracking, controlling changes, status accounting and verifying, auditing, and reporting the CIs